360 Gist Pilot: My husband beats my mother – Wife tells court

Thursday 29 September 2016

My husband beats my mother – Wife tells court

On Thursday, Mrs Happiness Ama,a trader, decided to end her marriage due to her husband who beats her mother.
The 41 years old told the Igando Customary Court in Lagos, that her husband, Jerry, the father to her three children in turned her mother into a punching bag.

She said, “My husband beats my mother regularly; the police have warned him to stop the assault but he continued.”

She also alleged that her husband who zhae was married to for 21 years had threatened to kill her if she left him.

She said, “My husband always threatens me; there was a day he brought out a cutlass telling me that he would cut off my head if I left.

“He also threatened to pour acid on me so that no man would be attracted to me. Due to his threat, I can no longer sleep with my two eyes closed.

“I have not been at peace since l got married; he is quarrelsome and violent.”

She added, “I am tired of the beating he gives to me and my mother. I have scars all over my body as a proof of his abuse; I am scared; I don’t want to die.”

She revealed to the court to terminate the marriage, saying that she was no longer interested.

“Since the inception of our marriage, my husband never paid house rent nor his children’s school fees.

“Save me from the cruel hands of my husband; I have suffered so much in silence.”

Jerry, 60, reportedly failed to appear in court.

The Court President, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, told the court registrar to serve the respondent summons.

He adjourned the case till October 11 for the mention.

FOR MORE BREAKING NEWS ON BBM ADD: 24D8750B

No comments:

Post a Comment