360 Gist Pilot: Azpilicueta flattered by Barcelona links, insists he's happy with Chelsea

Friday 31 March 2017

Azpilicueta flattered by Barcelona links, insists he's happy with Chelsea

Chelsea defender, Cesar Azpilicueta says he is flattered by interest from Barcelona but wants to continue playing for Chelsea.
.

The Spain joined Chelsea from Marseille in 2012.
.

"It's flattering to be linked to Barcelona: it means you're playing well," he told The Guardian.
.

"I wasn't hearing those sort of stories last season. That's a consequence of us being top of the Premier League, things are going well.
.

"My objective since I arrived was to grow as a player and a person. I've adapted to the city, to the country. I feel settled, I'm comfortable with the language, my family is very happy.
.

"Right now my only objective is to continue with Chelsea."
.

Azpilicueta  signed a contract until 2020 last December.
.

However, the Chelsea defender is hopeful the club can keep all of their key players for next season.
.

"It would be a shame [if players left] because we have a great team," Azpilicueta said.
.

"But the club will work on it with the coach and the technical staff. They will know what he wants.
.

"We need to get this season finished first. Then there will be all sorts of rumours. In the end, I'm sure, we will have a very competitive team again."

No comments:

Post a Comment