360 Gist Pilot: I regret the way I treated Schweinsteiger - Mourinho

Friday 31 March 2017

I regret the way I treated Schweinsteiger - Mourinho

Manchester United coach,  Jose Mourinho says he regrets the way he treated Bastian Schweinsteiger during their time at Manchester United.
.

Schweinsteiger was signed by Louis van Gaal, but failed to make a single Premier League appearance under Mourinho and left for Chicago Fire this week.
.

Mourinho acknowledged he mistreated Bastian leaving him out of the first-team squad and forcing him to train with the reserves.
.

"[Schweinsteiger] is in the category of players that I feel sorry for something I did to him," he told a pre-match news conference ahead of facing West Brom.
.

"I don't want to speak about him as a player, as a player I would or would not buy. I want to speak about him as a professional, as a human being.
.

"It was the last thing I told him before he left: 'I was not right with you once. I have to be right to you now.'
.

"So when he was asking me to let him leave, I had to say 'yes, you can leave', because I did it once, I cannot do it twice.
.

"So I feel sorry for the first period with him, he knows that, I am happy that he knows, because I told him. I will miss a good guy, a good professional, a very good influence in training.
.

"I could not stop him going, even though I know we have so many matches and probably would need him for a few matches or a few periods.
.

"But I had to let him go and now publicly wish him and his wife a very happy life in Chicago."
.

Mourinho added that he should have allowed Schweinsteiger to work with the first team, but United's squad was too big.
.

"I do regret it, yeah," he continued. "I would let him be in the squad [now].
.

"I know that at that moment we had too many players - if you remember we had many players in these doubtful situations, [Morgan] Schneiderlin, [Memphis] Depay, Andreas Pereira, Tyler Blackett, James Wilson.
.

"We had a huge squad in the beginning but after knowing him as a person and a professional and the way he was respecting my decisions as a manager, yes I regret it and it is no problem for me to admit it, because I have told him."

No comments:

Post a Comment