360 Gist Pilot: Nigerian/British boxer knocks out opponents in 20 seconds

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Nigerian/British boxer knocks out opponents in 20 seconds

Nigerian-British boxer and Rio 2016 Olympian Lawrence Okolie took 20 seconds to knockout Geoffrey Cave his win on his professional debut.

The 24-year-old compatriot Geoffrey Cave with two solid right hands at the bout held at Manchester Arena.

“Sorry to everyone that missed me fighting,” Okolie tweeted.

“The good news is a Won by KO in 20 seconds!! Bad news is I’m back in the cage for now.”

London-based Cave, who is 33, has now lost all three of his professional fights.

Okolie competed at heavyweight and lost to Cuban Erislandy Savon at the last-16 stage at the Rio Olympics.

Okolie had explained that the likes of Joshua lured him into boxing.

“Before I started boxing properly I was working in McDonald’s, and I was watching the Olympics during my breaks whenever I could,” he told Sky Sports News HQ.

“It was the only thing to do! There was a particular break where Usain Bolt won the 100m then Anthony Joshua won gold. I felt something then.

“It was really inspirational. I started putting more work into training, and believing it more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment